A versatile, structurally sound and robust block.
RidgeBlok is versatile
- The RidgeBlok is a dry stacked, concrete block system that can be aligned into tight, convex and concave curves.
- The spacing between RidgeBlok can easily be narrowed to increase the unit weight of the wall and its effectiveness as a gravity structure. Alternatively, greater spacing between the blocks increases the plantable area for a more environmentally-friendly end product.
- The open spaces can be increased to provide a more open and permeable facing to prevent excess build up of pore-water pressures behind the retaining wall.
RidgeBlok is structurally sound and robust
- The solid concrete blocks are robust, resulting in fewer breakages during transport and construction activities.
- The RidgeBlok is a solid concrete block designed to dissipate stresses effectively once built into a retaining wall.
- The deep-lip recess system (tongue and groove) provides a positive interlocking force to dissipate horizontal forces exerted on the interface between the blocks.
- The compressive strength of the solid concrete RidgeBlok allows for construction of higher walls compared to hollow concrete retaining blocks.
RidgeBlok is unique
- The RidgeBlok facing is constructed at any angle between 70° and 90° to the horizontal without compromising any of its structural integrity. This character is seen as a major advantage over conventional, dry-stacked concrete blocks used in retaining-wall structures.
- The architectural grooves on the one side of the RidgeBlok enable the blocks to be packed indifferent visually pleasing patterns.
RidgeBlok is intergrated
- The deep-lip recess system, tongue and groove system, provides a positive clamping force between the RidgeBlok and the facing geosynthetic reinforced backfill. This aspect is seen as a major advantage over the conventional concrete retaining block which relies solely on friction to prevent “pull-out” of the geosynthetic from the concrete block.
A base block is available for the foundation of a 75o or 85o wall.
Base blocks to be ordered seperately.
|Height of block||145mm|
|Block per m2|
|• Closed face wall||± 25|
|• Open face wall||± 16|
|Minimum radius, convex or concave||2m|
|Mass of block||24kg|